Bill Press (born 1940) is a political commentator and author. Press was the chair of the California Democratic Party from 1993 to 1996. He has served in different appointed positions such as a chief of staff to California State Sen. Peter Behr (a Republican) and director of the California Office of Planning and Research under Gov. Jerry Brown. However, the majority of his career has been spent as a political commentator.
Press started his broadcasting career in Los Angeles for TV stations KABC-TV and KCOP-TV. He is a former CNN and MSNBC political commentator, and an accomplished liberal author. He is best known for co-hosting CNN's The Spin Room opposite Tucker Carlson, and Crossfire and MSNBC's Buchanan and Press
Since May 2005 he's been a contributing blogger at The Huffington Post. Press also contributes blogs to the online version of Washington, D.C.'s nonpartisan The Hill newspaper.
Radio talk showEdit
Since September 2005, Press has been hosting a daily progressive syndicated talk radio program, heard nationally on local stations and Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio. In 2008, Press was ranked #96 in the Talkers Magazine Heavy 100.
- Eyewitness : A California Perspective, 1988 (ISBN 0-939061-01-5)
- Spin This: All the Ways We Don't Tell the Truth, with a foreword by Bill Maher, 2002 (ISBN 0-7434-4267-9)
- Bush Must Go!- The Top Ten Reasons Why George Bush Doesn't Deserve a Second Term, 2004 (ISBN 0-525-94840-6)
- How The Republicans Stole Christmas: The Republican Party's Declared Monopoly on Religion and What Democrats Can Do to Take it Back, 2005 (ISBN 0-385-51605-3)
- How The Republicans Stole Christmas: Why the Religious Right is Wrong about Faith & Politics and What We Can Do to Make it Right, Doubleday, 2005. ISBN 978-0385-51605-1